Sunday, September 23, 2007

Out of Control

After months of self-discipline re yarn-buying, I broke down recently, and the breakdown has continued. This time I wandered into Walmart (even though I am not a Walmart kind of girl) to check out Peaches and Creme yarn, because Mason-Dixon Knitting loves them some Elmore-Pisgah. I walked out of Walmart with 4 (FOUR!) 16-oz (POUNDS!) cones (OF YARN!) You'd think the world was coming to an end and me without enough cotton dishcloths.



What was I thinking? Well, I was imagining all the "grandmother sets" I could knit and sell/raffle to raise money for Heifer International. Hence, the baby-friendly pastels.

But I also picked up a small ball of "Peppermint" Peaches and Creme for a dishcloth for moi.



Or maybe this will be a companion warshrag for the Ballband Dishcloth.

3 comments:

Ally said...

I have the same sickness! I have NINE one pound cones...it's bad!!!!

Qutecowgirl said...

Me too!! when Michael's had their $! a ball sale on P'n'C I bought many balls. I still have about half left too. Love the Peppermint.

Jill said...

I am going to have to get that Mason Dixon book, because I keep seeing and hearing about it every time I turn around! The ballband washcloths intimidate me, though. Can't wait to see yours...pretty pastels and peppermint. :)