Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ugg

It seems like I knit and knit and knit some more, but never finish anything.  But I have at least one thing to show you:


Pattern:  Suede Baby Hat by Candi Jensen
Yarns:  Berroco Suede (brown) and Berroco Plush (white) - I'm not a fan of novelty yarns and knitting with Plush was like wrestling a lhasa apso, but the results are cute
Needles:  US6
Modifications:  There were comments on Ravelry about how large the hat was, so I measured Baby N's head and decreased the pattern by about 10%.  Also, I knit it in the round instead of flat; picked up stitches to knit the ear flaps and brim instead of knitting them separately and sewing them on; and the ties are i-cord.

I was hoping to get a pic of this hat in situ, but haven't had the chance yet.

Sock knitting is going on as well.


This is the Zino yarn that many Ravelers dislike.  The colors are gorgeous, but yes, the yarn is splitty.  I won't say I'll never knit with it again, but I doubt I will choose it willingly.

And speaking of sock yarn, there is a sale going on over at Simply Socks.  I am only telling you because I have already placed my order.

No comments: