Monday, April 18, 2011

I hab a code

Little girls may be made with sugar and spice and everything nice, but when they are not quite 6 months old, they don't know to cover their mouths when they cough or to sneeze into the crook of their arm or to wash their hands regularly.  Hence, my cold, courtesy of my granddaughter.  She seems to not only be a new vector for infectious diseases, she also mutates the germs into something my immune system can't cope with.  This is the worst cold I have had in a long time.  That's the bad news.

The good news is I am not too sick to knit.

Here is the bottom portion of the new sleep sack my daughter requested for Baby N.  I want to try it on the baby before finishing the top.


Here are the birthday socks for my son.  The gussets are done, so it should be (relatively) smooth sailing to the toes.


Even Belinda has gotten some attention.  The pink yarn is much easier to see, so I can work on this even when the lighting is not perfect.


The only thing being totally neglected is the Danish shawl.  I would not mind wrapping up in that today, to ward off the chills.

While knitting, I listened to Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses, by Claire Dederer.  Initially, I found this book to be mildly entertaining, but there are nuggets of wisdom scattered throughout.  Next up on the audio book list is The Pioneer Woman:  Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.  I also downloaded a Sherlock Holmes to my Nook, in part because I have never read any Arthur Conan Doyle, in part to see if I like listening to books on my eReader.  And it was one of the few books available through the local library that could be checked out immediately AND comes in MP3 format.

Now, time for a nap.

2 comments:

A. Warped, knitter said...

Our grands are all in school and old enough to cover their mouths but we still come home with colds from them. I just figure that we only see them 4 times a year- not often enough to build up resistance to the germs they bring home from school. Still, I do enjoy curling up with a good book when I don't feel well.
Get well soon.

Delusional Knitter said...

When my friend's child was under 3 years old, every time I went near that kid I was deathly ill . They definitely mutate the common cold into some sort of crazy virus! I hope you are feeling better soon. Good to know you are not to ill to knit or listen to books!!