Friday, January 20, 2012

Back in the saddle

Somehow, when I set a project aside, I assume that when I pick it up again in a day or two, I will know exactly where I left off. That assumption does not apply to projects that get set aside for weeks, though. It took a bit of knitting and tinking and counting and puzzling to figure out whether I was slipping the first stitch of every row and how I was decreasing the sleeves, etc., but now I "have traction" on the gray and pink suspender sweater. I just hope I don't run out of yarn again.

The KoolAid dyed blanket project is languishing a bit while I work on the sweater, primarily because I need to make a decision on the dyed-not-so-completely yarn. And then actually do something about it. The problem is I have to work for a living (boo) and there are only so many hours in a day.

The legwarmers are progressing, though, because they are small and portable and require no thinking or counting, perfect for keeping my hands busy and my mind from wandering during business meetings. Next week I have to take the car in to be serviced (and to find out why the gas mileage is dropping). I would not be surprised if the legwarmers did not get finished then.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: