Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No toasty toes

Even though the yarn for these leg warmers is called Toasty Toes, my toes are not toasty. But my legs are, which is the point of leg warmers, I guess.


Pattern: Takeout for Two, by Cathy Carron
Yarn: Interlacements Toasty Toes, colorway 202
Needles: US4
Modifications: Lots


I basically followed the pattern except for using stockinette here and there, switching to 2x2 and 4x2 ribbing when it seemed appropriate. In spite of my efforts, these don't stay up very well. Their purpose in life, though, is to keep my legs warm in bed when I wear a nightgown.


This variegated yarn did not like any of the stitches I tried - it pooled with wild abandon - and the colors look electric and dark at the same time, very saturated. I'm not sure what else I could have made with this yarn, except maybe a Baby Surprise sweater. But with the recent downturn in the temps here - threat of hard frost tonight - I am glad I have these.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Neat - love the colours!