Thursday, October 23, 2014

In the mean time

While Tuckernuck has been drying after a good soak (sweaters are easier to assemble after the pieces are blocked), I've been experimenting. Pre-retirement, I didn't have much time to just play with knitting, so this is something new for me.


So is colorwork. My goal for the winter to to learn to knit with more than one color at a time. The easiest first step is to knit a check pattern, one stitch per color, across an odd number of stitches.


Since I now know how to knit with either hand (Continental with the left, Irish cottage with the right), it's not too difficult to hold one color in each. The stranding on the back is manageable with single stitches. Next I'll graduate to two stitches of color at a time.


Serendipitously, TECHknitting is publishing a series of posts on color knitting. Check it out!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm working on some colourwork too. It's not my favourite, but it's nice every now and again.