Monday, November 17, 2014

Another watch cap

Last spring, while visiting Massachusetts, I shopped at Webs in Northampton and grabbed a few skeins of Encore for knitting hats. I like to have a few extras around because sometimes people forget theirs or (ahem) some people lose theirs. I've knit this pattern before, so no surprises there. It's easy and quick and produces a perfectly serviceable winter hat.


Pattern: Watch Cap, by Judith Durant
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted
Needles: US8
Modifications: none


Hand knit hats always seem much warmer than store bought. Some would say it's because they are knit with love, but, as my stepmother once pointed out to me, you can buy hats with love. I think it is because the process of hand knitting traps more air in the fabric. What do you think?

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I need to whip up a few of those and stash them away. A certain someone in my house likes to lose at least one hat every year.

elns said...

I love these. Simple, practical and a crowd pleaser, including myself -- easy to wear.