Monday, July 17, 2017

Finally, an FO

My "inch by inch" plan quickly fell by the wayside. Too much yardening to attend to, plus fiber art feels more like a winter activity. However, I did finally manage to finish a pair of socks.


Pattern: A Sock Recipe, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX, colorway 'Clover Colors'
Needles: US1
Modifications: None to speak of


I think I have happened upon a method for eliminating the gusset gap at heel turns. Basically I continued the in-the-round knitting early, completing the final row of the heel turn from the opposite side. This prevents having an extra row to deal with, which is what creates the gap. That brief explanation probably doesn't make sense; hopefully sometime I will produce a tutorial for it.


These are for a friend. While I ordinarily knit toe-up, I knit these top down because I knew I would be seeing her mid-project and I wanted to take a gander at her feet before completing them. My brain must still be functioning, as I was able to recall the Kitchener stitch without too much effort.

No comments: