Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Unmatched socks

Ordinarily, I try to knit matching socks. This wasn't always so, but now I pride myself in making them look alike. So I was a bit discombobulated over this pair. I was well away before I realized they did not match. Then they sat in limbo while I debated over whether to reknit them. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it.


Pattern: Gusset Heel Basic Sock by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: ONline Supersocke 6-ply, colorway 1551 (I think)
Needles: US2
Modifications: None that I can remember

In another inconsistent knitterly move, I neglected to make note of the toe construction (Turkish cast-on maybe) or record the stitch count or the start date. I *do* know that I previously used US3 needles to knit this yarn but thought they were too loose. The US2 needles, however, created socks that were too small for the intended recipient. Fortunately, these fit my daughter, and she never says no to handknit socks.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nothing wrong with a mis-matchy pair of socks!

Mereknits said...

I think they are perfect!