Saturday, January 25, 2020

If it's not one thing, it's two

This past week, I have been fighting off the respiratory crud that has been going around. Then, to top that, I picked up a 24-hour bug (probably a norovirus) that laid me low. So not a lot of progress on fiber projects, at least not what I had hoped for.

Knitting: The knitting portion of the L-Bag is complete. I started knitting handles in i-cord, but I am not completely sold on that idea. The purse handles at Jo-Ann were a bunch of nothing burgers, but I saw some nice ones on Etsy. Undecided.
Spinning: Still spinning Shetland for that cardigan.
Needle felting: I want to finish up the fairy house from the class I took. The roof is now attached but it looks more like a hat than a roof. Contemplating how to correct that.
Weaving: Still working on the tote bag. The back will have stripes that match up with the flossa stripes on the front.

A big thank you to Janice for her comment last week. Some people tell me they are "good as new" after hip surgery, so it is good to get a reality check from the other end of the spectrum. I am almost back to where I was prior to overdoing it, but am careful not to repeat that fiasco. I have been overly optimistic and impatient, which only invites setbacks. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm happy that I could ease your mind a little. I, too, was told by someone that I should be walking unassisted in a couple of weeks. That didn't happen. But... I did see a little improvement each week. Baby steps will still get you to the finish line, it will just take a little longer to get there. Don't be discouraged, listen to your doctor, and DO THE EXERCISES! I can't emphasize that enough.

Janice