Sunday, February 23, 2020

Not much to report

This week has been primarily about tearing the house apart in order to have the carpeting replaced with laminate. We did one bedroom, to see if I like it (and I do!) My daughter talked me into doing the rest all at one time (something about room transitions matching), so two bedrooms, a hallway, the living and dining rooms are all ready for their face lift. New baseboards, too, and probably some paint. So everything in those rooms (except furniture - it can be shifted around) had to go somewhere else. I am really glad I Marie Kondo'd the house a while back. I have a feeling there will be a bit more decluttering as I put everything back, hopefully next week.

Fiber prep: I did manage to finish deconstructing the incomplete sweater, so now I have a pile of curly yarn to transform into something else. These pics may not show just how much difference there is between kinky yarn and curly yarn, but the two feel very different from each other. Steaming is definitely the way to go.

Kinky

Curly

I'm not sure how much fiber stuff I will get done this week while the work is going on. One can only hope.

No comments: