Saturday, June 27, 2020

Do you Pomodoro?

I recently learned of a time management technique known as Pomodoro, which is Italian for tomato. (The inventer is Italian and originally used a tomato-shaped kitchen timer.) Basically, one works for 25 minutes, rests for 5, then repeats three more times, rests for 30 minutes, then starts all over again. There are lots of apps to help with the timing, but I have found that for me, the work/rest ratio depends on what I'm doing, how much sleep I got the night before, how hot it is (for outside labors), etc. The most important lesson learned, though, is I need to sit less and do more. Once I sit, I tend to stay seated for much longer than necessary. I also need to pay attention to my energy level. On day one, I overdid it in the morning, then spent the afternoon in recovery mode. I am getting more done, though, mostly outside.

Spinning: I am almost finished spinning the purple merino/angelina blend into singles. The pink and remaining angelina is all blended. It took me until the last ounce to figure out how best to do the blending.
Weaving: I'm almost done with the experimental grid on the pocket loom.

I took my granddaughter to her gem and mineral society meeting last week. It was outside, in an open park pavilion, but I still wore a mask and maintained as much distance as was reasonable, as did most adults. The granddaughter - not so much but not too bad. There were a few other kids there, so a certain amount of firefly catching went on. The meeting was my first group encounter since March. So far, Indiana is holding steady with new Covid cases, so there is a balance between public health and the economy... so far.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I have never heard of that system, I will have to research it. Glad you were able to get your granddaughter to her meeting. Florida is not holding steady, we are out of control. Stay safe.