Sunday, September 19, 2021

Brain fart

When I decided it was time to start the second half of the Habitation throw, I went looking for another set of needles in order to avoid removing the first half from its needles. That's when I discovered that I am not knitting it on US6 like the pattern calls for, but US9. At first I could not figure out how this happened. Initially I was playing around with knitting the pattern with worsted weight yarn and must have neglected to switch needles when starting with the fingering weight yarn. Since this throw is for me, I am not starting over.

Knitting: It will take me a while to catch up with the first half of the Habitation throw.


Spinning: Most of the red Tunis is plied. One spool is empty, and I will probably two-ply the rest.
Weaving: I got burned out on the letters and numerals on the inkle loom. The warp needs to come off so I can prep for the inkle workshop next Saturday. I'm going to try to preserve the warp so I can put it back on at a later date.

Several years ago, the weaving guild I belong to visited the Wabash Woollen Works. I thought it would make a nice outing for the spinning guild as well and have been organizing that. At first, I wasn't sure there was much interest, but I was wrong. It won't be until November, so I should be healed enough to go, courtesy of my SO/chauffeur.

No comments: