Saturday, December 11, 2021

I hab a code

Despite being vaxxed, using hand sanitizer, avoiding crowds, and distancing socially, I managed to catch *another* cold. This one felt very ordinary - sneezing, running nose, watery eyes - so I didn't worry that it might be Covid. I've always believed that being exposed to germs was a good thing as it exercises one's immune system. I'm wondering if the way we have been avoiding germs lately has had the opposite effect, leaving us more vulnerable. (There is nothing scientific about my so-called theory; just some musing on my part.)

Knitting: Not much progress here because of all the napping I did the past few days. The marigold/loden scarf is 17" long now. The twist feels a bit loose, so I set up a shoebox system to avoid adding/substracting twist as I knit.


Our last weavers guild meeting of the year involves eating and crafting. This year, instead of a potluck (or as it is called in Indiana, carry-in,rhymes with carrion), we ate prepackaged foods. For our craft, we made ornaments. Those who had inkle bands used those, while the rest of us used ribbon. My bands seemed to be too narrow or too wide, so I used some (non-xmas-y) ribbon just to get the feel of the process.


The tetrahedron one is from a pattern in the Holiday 2020 issue of Little Looms. I don't know where the star pattern came from. Maybe someday I will weave some holiday-looking inkle bands and make these (and others) with that.

No comments: