Wednesday, May 18, 2022

100% That Cowl

I needed a small, portable knitting project, but not socks. This cowl was the perfect solution as it is stockinette bordered by 2x2 ribbing. Very simple.


Pattern: 100% That Cowl, by Kris Rossi
Yarn: Colinette Cadenza in 'Tapis' colorway
Needles: US5 for body, larger needles for cast on and bind off
Modifications: I didn't follow the pattern regarding colors, as the only DK yarn I had was this hand-dyed one


I was a bit surprised that the yarn bled when I gave the cowl a bath.


The merino yarn is very soft, so no itchiness when worn next to the skin. The cowl is nice and stretchy, too, easy to pull on and take off.


I have enough of this yarn to make another cowl, albeit a bit shorter, so I plan to cast on again when I need another easy, portable knitting project.

No comments: