Saturday, November 04, 2023

I sewed something

I am no sewist. My sewing machine is so old that the only "fancy" stitch it does is zigzag. But instead of throwing out an old pillow that one of my cats had chosen for his nest, I covered it with some "no sew" fleece.


The cover is an "envelope" cover - instructions may be found here and, yes, the instructor is a bit annoying - but I was too impatient to review the video, so did not overlap the back sections far enough. But I'm sure the cat won't mind. Added bonus: the fleece will protect the pillow from puke AND I can remove the cover to wash it.

Knitting: Still working on the bigfoot socks. There was much cursing during the turning of the heels, but I'm past that now.

I went to the Little Shop of Spinning's spin-in today. Even though I complain a LOT about how much fiber I have, somehow more followed me home. Phia dyed both the sock yarn and roving shown below, using the same colorway. So I guess I could knit a pair of socks with matching mittens and/or hat.



I'm thinking that yummy roving will get me back to the spinning wheel.

No comments: