Saturday, April 28, 2007

Grrr!!!

I recently upgraded to DSL (love the speed!) and decided to go a step further and add wireless, but have not had any luck getting it to install. I tried (several times) the install disk that came with the router, then tried (several times) some "special" instructions from the Internet supposedly guaranteed to get my Westell 6100 modem to play nice with the Linksys router (isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results?) Finally I decided to just go back to plain old DSL but no, now it won't work without reinstalling the Verizon software which of course won't reinstall. There is a 24/7 help hotline I can call, but right now I'm not quite in the mood. Thank goodness I never got around to discontinuing my dial-up. Desperate times....

Meanwhile, I have not made much progress on all my UFO's, so of course I started a new project, just a little project, a dishcloth in linen stitch using variegated cotton yarn. During a manic phase, I purchased a bunch of Lion Cotton for making dishcloths using different stitches from The Knitting Stitch Bible. I quickly discovered, however, that variegated yarn is not the best choice for showcasing fancy stitchwork. So when I read about combining variegated yarns with the linen stitch, I decided to give it a try. Today. The basic directions are from a scarf pattern in my 2007 Pattern-A-Day Knitting Calendar (the April 17th entry), and so far the result is interesting. I'll post photos when I am back online with DSL.





One of my toilets needs its insides replaced. I'm wondering if my bad luck with computers will extend to plumbing. Maybe I should not press my luck.

1 comment:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

A hint on the wireless, check the network settings and make sure they are set according to the speed of the card and router. Sometimes setting one of them as "automatically detect" works; just do not do both.
Please give me a shout if you need more info.
=:8