Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring Fever

The skies are bawling, and I am feeling a bit weepy myself. I blame everything on hormones (great excuse!) but the result is I don't want to do anything except curl up on the couch, listen to music, and knit.

But even the knitting is making me weepy. My second charity blanket square is off-gauge. I dropped a stitch about 6 rounds back on my sock and can't seem to get it picked up correctly. The lace Addi Turbo needles I ordered have not yet arrived. The rocking chair is piled high with UFO's. A stalled afghan covers the recliner. The only thing I feel competent to knit is another preemie cap, but I hate the bamboo needles I am using because instead of getting smoother with use, they feel rougher.

At least Amazon finally shipped my copy of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off. That and some dark chocolate should help a bit.

Think I'll go work on that afghan.

No comments: