Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Funk

By Friday evening, I have just about had it. While I like my employer, the work itself is b-o-r-i-n-g. And I am busy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, so when Friday night rolls around, I just want to do what I want to do, not what I should do. Tonight I should put the house back in order (just had the carpets cleaned) and I should shred more of that paper that litters the Home Office, but I'd rather just knit. Knitting makes me feel like I am creating something tangible, unlike my job, and something somewhat permanent, unlike a tidied house.

The Rainforest socks got a boost today. Usually, I only work on them over my lunch period, but this afternoon we had a "town hall" meeting. The meeting was not on site, but it was Webcast (ahh, the magic of technology!), so I could sit in my cube and knit while viewing the meeting on my PC. I'm getting close to the toes.

The Sea Silk scarf and I have been on relatively good terms all week long. I think I have finally gotten the hang of knitting this inelastic yarn. The pattern says one skein will make a scarf 80 inches long, but if you want it longer, you will need more yarn. What I want to know is, Who wants a scarf more than 80 inches long? I'm up to 10 inches, so once the Rainforest socks are done, the scarf is going to become my portable project so that I will have half a chance of completing it by summer.

The pinwheel sweater and I had a bit of a tiff last night, but it was entirely my fault. I am up to where you change from stockinette to garter stitch, but for some reason I am having a difficult time remembering to purl for an entire round. Purling goes slower than knitting, but tinking goes even more slowly.

And what's going on with the Kidsilk Haze top? I really need to chart out the sleeve increases/decreases to make sure I am doing the right thing. That requires a clear head, but I haven't been sleeping well this past week. Maybe sometime this weekend, she said optimistically.

2 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

= ) Here knitting/crocheting/spinning/sewing always gets picked before chores/cleaning. Unless of course my mom is coming for a visit. ; )

The Anarchist Who Also Happens To Knit said...

I'm always surprised by the lengths of all patterns: hats, scarves, sweaters. But maybe I'm just short.