Sunday, October 26, 2008

No-o-o-o-o-o-o!

Today is the last day of my vacation. Boo! I am so ready (except financially) to retire. With the economy not just in the toilet but down the pipes and halfway to the sewage treatment plant, I've been wondering if real retirement will be possible in the future. I'm not one of those people who say, I'll always work somewhere doing something. Uh-uh. I have plenty of things to keep me busy. I just hope I get to do them someday.

Maybe I would get more done now if I didn't have to redo so many things. Like Sitcom Chic. Yes, I thought I would be wrapping this baby up while travelling to and from southern Illinois, and I did, sort of. I finished the knitting part and tried on the sweater before applying the final finishing touches, only to discover that while I had made the sleeves longer, I had not made them long enough. And while we are at it, the body could be longer, too.



Yesterday, I assessed the damage and decided to frog the yoke. Then today I frogged the body a bit farther, so I could add more increases. I'm knitting forward again now.

Since vacation knitting on SC was on hold, I worked on Elbac some, and on the drive home, slaved away on Tropical Treat. The latter is turning into the Never Ending Blanket. It feels like I have been working on it forever, and yet am only two-thirds of the way done. It doesn't help that the Lion Brand Babysoft yarn occasionally belches a wad from the center-pull skein, which, if one is not careful, can lead to a snarly mess. Which is what happened in the car. Not that I would have gotten anywhere near finishing TT on the drive home anyway. Still. It was annoying.

I follow NFL football, but apparently not close enough. Why are the Chargers and Saints playing in London? The cabin we stayed in had Dish Network, so I was able to watch Monday Night Football for the first time since it moved to ESPN. Too bad the Colts weren't playing then instead of tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I had similar issues with Sitcom Chic. Both were absolutely worth it. Isn't the last day of vacation the worst?