Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Honey cowl for my little honey

I decided to knit my g'daughter a Honey Cowl. Since she is but 5 years old, I chose the middle length and made it only half as wide, but I think I could have gone with the full length - kid heads are not that much smaller than adults. She loves pink, so pink it was, pretty much guaranteeing that she will actually wear this handknit.


Pattern: Honey Cowl by Antonia Shankland
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, in 'Rose Petal' colorway
Needles: US8
Modifications: Half the width, used worsted yarn instead of DK

Trying to photograph a cowl without a live model is not easy. Mr Manly and The Head helped, but in a rather macabre way.



Had I had knit this with US8 needles on DK yarn, it would have had more drape, I'm sure. Something to keep in mind if I make another one of these. And I might: this is my second one (first one is here), and it is an easy, relatively quick knit.

No comments: