Sunday, September 13, 2020

Zooming

My son-in-law built/gave me a cable to connect my laptop to the router and it worked perfectly for this week's Zoom meeting. This one was with the spinning guild. Only a half dozen or so of us showed up - more than last time, I hear - so I encouraged the officers to investigate when we can return to our usual space. I think it would be safe with masks and social distancing, but we also discussed whether we could hold hybrid meetings, in-person AND Zoom. We'll see how that works out.

The weaving guild met this past week as well, in person but in a park pavillion. By the end of the meeting, almost everyone had removed their masks, which I found disappointing. Yes, we were outdoors but groups of people were sitting together at picnic tables. The next meeting is indoors, in a space larger than usual to allow for social distancing. I paid my dues and picked up a program booklet for the year - another disappointment, as there is only one program I am interested in. Maybe this is not the fiber group for me?

Spinning: I spun some Corriedale cross during the Zoom meeting, the first spinning I have done in a while. One of the members talked about a dye project she completed, so now I have the itch to do some dyeing myself.
Weaving: The sari bag project has morphed into a coffee table runner project. I'm not much of a sewist and bags usually need linings. Runners require very little finishing compared to bags. I also started another Agnes Martin inspired piece on the pocket loom.

My eyes look better, almost clear of purple. No weird green or yellow. Once I got the okay from my doctor, I headed back into the yard to move more plants. Today I am resting my weary gardener muscles, though.

No comments: