Sunday, September 06, 2020

You should see the other guy!

No, I didn't get into a bar fight. As I was hustling around the living room, preparing to go to the local farmers market, my feet got tangled up in the dog hammock. I flew into the dining room and bonked my head on the dining room table. My SO came and took me to the ER for a CT scan (all ok), but then the fluids and blood from the goose egg on my forehead migrated to the soft tissue around my (raccoon) eyes. Looks horrible, but no pain. I've been taking it easy since then, until my PCP gives me the okay to resume (ab)normal activities.

Mug shot

Weaving: Although I have been out of commission, before the incident I continued to make progress on the sari yarn bags. Almost done with the first one. I *think* there is enough warp for two. At least, that was my intention.

Thanks for the comments about troubleshooting Zoom. Because I was in the ER literally having my head examined, I did not attend the weaving guild Zoom meeting. My son-in-law thought he had a cable for me, or could make one for me (he's handy that way), but I'm still waiting on it. Maybe I will have it in time for the spinning guild Zoom meeting?

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

EEK!!! Thank goodness it does not hurt. Rest is the best with head bonks and resume slowly (and don’t be surprised if any symptoms come back it can happen). Take care of yourself!

Ellen D. said...

Oh that looks so painful! Thank goodness you are going to be all right. Please take care.

Mereknits said...

You poor thing! What a fall you had. Rest and stay quiet until you are all mended up.