Sunday, July 17, 2022

And a bit more organized

It's been a busy week, so not much fiber work happened. My primary focus has been on updated landscape, which you can read about here. Now that the yard is all pretty, I can't stop looking at it. This motivated me to rearrange the den a bit so that I can see most of the backyard and birdfeeders from my recliner.

I have a 24" Ashford rigid heddle loom in the den, along with a Joy 2 spinning wheel. Both of those were shifted over, once I made some room by moving the vertical wire shelving from its corner and making it horizontal. The shelf space is now doubled.


From last week's Art in the Park, I brought home a lidded container woven from sweetgrass and plastic, which now holds afghans. I was tired of leaving them draped over the back of furniture where the cats would bed down, covering them with fur and snagging them with claws.


Knitting: I am nearing the finish line for the Habitation throw! It should be completed this week.

The spinning guild had it's annual picnic last Tuesday. We don't conduct much business at the picnic, but Parks and Rec sent two emissaries to discuss the Fiber Festival. They want to eliminate the spring version and combine it with the Fall Festival. About 300 people a day went through the Fiber Fest this year; the Fall Festival attracts over 6000. So it doesn't make much sense to put a lot of effort into the former when the latter would not only raise our profile in the community, but also provide the vendors with an audience in the mood to buy. (Both guilds I belong to not only demonstrate their craft, but also sell items to raise money.) I contacted the weaving guild about this information. Parks and Rec wants to test out the change *this* September, so we don't have much time to prepare.

No comments: