Saturday, July 23, 2022

Prepping for the county fair

Sometimes I think I get a bit overly enthusiastic when presented with a new opportunity to do something. Last year I submitted a modest five items to the county fair; this year it is approaching ten. Is that too much? I don't know how many of my fellow spinners, knitters, and weavers are going to join in the fun, so I'd rather there be *something* to display rather than nothing.

A partial pile of projects

Knitting: I finished the Habitation throw! Separate post to follow.
Spinning: All the Shetland yarn that has been spun and 3-plied is now also labeled; I record length, weight, how spun, how plied, etc. There is more yarn to ply, including some heftier singles I spun a while ago.
Weaving: Today I warped the large frame loom, but am still contemplating just what I am going to weave on it. Something with soumak.

And that was the week that was. The landscaping is 100% complete, so now I can focus on other things, like fiber.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I have never submitted a thing to a Fair so I am quite impressed by your efforts. Good luck in every catagory!