Sunday, April 30, 2023

I didn't want to go, but I'm glad I did

My SO has covid (again), so I have not been out and about like I usually am with him. When the Fifth Saturday Spin-in at Teasel Hill Angoras came around this weekend, I decided to go, then decided not to go, then decided I would go for part of the day. I drove there after lunch, taking the scenic route. I wasn't sure who would be there, and I didn't know some of them, but we all connected over fiber. It was great to just sit and spin and let the conversation flow.

Even though I crochet, spin, weave, and dye fiber, my favorite activity is knitting. It's a good thing I like it because it is S-L-O-W - I'm not a fast knitter. Last Sunday, lacking the drive for much of anything else, I spent the day knitting, something I have not been able to do for quite a while because of my shoulders. But despite all that knitting, and more during the week, I am still not done with the L-Bag. I am on the bottom, though, so maybe today? For sure, if it rains. (The yardening is pulling me away from fiber.)

While not knitting, I attempted chain plying, using some superwash fingering. That went quite well, although the result was super kinky when it came off the niddy noddy. A wet finish and a bit of weight hung from the skeins while drying fixed that.


Then I tried chain plying some Shetland. Ugh. It went much slower, due to the sticky nature of the wool. I think fiber content will be a consideration when selecting what to chain ply.

Knitting: Almost done with the neverending L-Bag.
Spinning: Chain plying; wet finished the two-ply silk/tencel/merino blend; started spinning the fiber I purchased at Three Moons.
Weaving: I wove diamonds!


Today I plan to rearrange the den a bit, to help me with the Peruvian diamond weaving. I need a place for the magazine with the pattern, the book that reminds me how to do leno, and my laptop where I view and re-view the instructional video. This is definitely a challenging project!

No comments: