Saturday, August 19, 2023

Almost famous

My SO and I visited the weaving guild exhibit this week. What a talented bunch! I knew the history of some of the items since they were the result of workshops or had been displayed during show-and-tell at meetings, like the inkle bands below. All of my entries were hung, so I was pleased to be included. I put prices on the wall hangings - we'll see if anyone bites.


Knitting: I am almost to the ribbing at the bottom of the Lempi sweater body; all that remains will be the sleeves and pockets and weaving in of ends. Yes, that's "all".
Spinning: I started spinning the roving I recently purchased at Three Moons Fiberworks, with the intent of separating the colors. But it's not working out as planned: the color bands are rather short and close together, plus the dyed sections are not dyed all the way through the roving.



So now I am hatching a plan to dye some roving with longer color runs and more saturation through the roving.

Long Thread, the publisher of periodicals such as Little Looms and Spin Off, is offering a new newsletter called Farm & Fiber Knits. I found a cowl in the WIP section that looks perfect for the samples from the natural dye workshop.

Photo "borrowed" from Farm & Fiber

The pattern was origially published in Spin & Knit 2016 and may be purchased here. I must finish either the sweater or the socks I've been knitting FOREVER before casting on.

No comments: