Saturday, August 26, 2023

Stymied

I had big weaving plans for this summer, but somehow they didn't happen. So I decided that Wednesdays would be blocked out for big projects, the kinds of things I am reluctant to start when I know I'll be interrupted by an appointment or an event or whatever. So this past Wednesday, I not only wove an inkle band, but warped the 24" rigid heddle loom and mostly warped the Samplet.

Then I thought I would weave on the 24" loom, but discovered that both shuttles are loaded for use with the (stalled) Great Grizzly loom. Then I picked up the Lempi sweater to start a sleeve, but despite having a boatload of knitting needles, somehow I did not have an extra 16" US8 circular one. (I want to work the stripes on both sleeves at the same time, so the colors line up.) Then I decided on a "palate cleanser" - the Timberlane cowl - but lacked a 16" US4 circular needle. Gah!

So I returned to the abandoned socks. Like most fiber people, there is always something that can be knit or spun or wove on hand.

Knitting: The body of the Lempi sweater is complete. A while back, I ripped back the tops of the socks I am replacing, so I could reuse the yarn, and am to the point of attaching that recycled yarn.
Spinning: I finished spinning the fiber from Three Moons Fiberworks and plan to chain-ply it (as soon as I review the process on YouTube).
Weaving: After reviewing my go-to warping videos on YT, I warped the 24" rigid heddle loom with 8/4 carpet warp so that I can weave a rug. With the warping instructions fresh in my mind, I then warped the SampleIt for some loopy dishcloths. And the inkle band is off the loom.




This coming week looks pretty clear, so once I get some of those necessary accouterments, I expect to be forging ahead on my fiber projects.

Have a well-equiped week!

No comments: