![]() |
| How I spent my summer vacation |
Indigo dyeing stuff at the near end, weaving stuff in the middle, spinning at the far end. I feel like I am in the middle of a lot of projects. And this photo does not include the other three rooms that contain at least some fiber and/or equipment (plus the garage). Yikes.
Dyeing: I dyed Cascade 220 with purple basil and am *very* pleased with the results; separate post to follow.
Knitting: The quirky socks need to be wet finished, then they will be done. Started a headband to practice colorwork.
Spinning: I figured out how to get the power pack to work with my Fold e-spinner, so I took it to a "fiber friends" gathering plus demonstrated at the local farmer's market.
The annual challenge for the spinning guild is to check out a book from our library and use something in it for inspiration. That is rather vague on purpose, as the primary goal is to get people to use the library. I took out a book on knitting hats with the triple goal of setting a good example, practicing colorwork, and using up some of the acrylic I purchased for my granddaughter to practice crochet with (which she has lost interest in). I have done colorwork before, but for some reason it is kicking my butt this time around. Hands cramping up from arthritis does not help.

No comments:
Post a Comment