I forgot to mention in my last post that the Neapolitan scarf is finished, including the fringe (although I reserve the right to redo the fringe at some later date).
Pattern: None
Weave structure: plain weave
Loom: Ashford SampleIt
Warp: Lone Star Arts superwash merino, colorway 'Neapolitan', handspun
Weft: Lone Star Arts superwash merino, colorway 'Neapolitan', handspun
EPI/PPI: 7.5/7.5
Ends: 47
I tried to twist the fringe, but its superwash nature would not hold the twists together. So I knotted the end of each warp, hoping the plies don't come apart. I may trim the fringe to about an inch and let it fluff out. (I did hemstitch the ends, plus knotted them, so no unraveling will occur.)
This project was a deliberate attempt to use up some of my handspun. I think weaving was the way to go, given how it was spun and the colorway. There is still some yarn left, so I may try knitting a swatch, just to see what it looks like. It's all an experiment.
The roving was a gift from Qutecowgirl, an online fiber friend who I hope still reads this blog and is doing well. I believe she bought it at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, a.k.a. Rhinebeck (said with reverence), a festival I may never get the chance to visit. But at least I can enjoy some of its largesse.




No comments:
Post a Comment