Friday, January 05, 2007

Nate's Slipper Socks

I signed up for a basic sock class at my LYS, but since I like to be prepared, I decided to practice sock-knitting before hand. (Actually, the class is not until March and I just couldn't wait.) So I knit these "Scrunchy, Slouchy Slipper Socks", using a free pattern from Lion Brand.



These knit up quickly and I was able to follow the instructions for the heel and toe with a minimum of head scratching. They look HUGE because of the super bulky yarn, but they are comfy and warm. I'm guessing they will be a cat hair magnet, though.



In case you didn't notice, I was too impatient to take 60 seconds to look up how to do a jogless color change - after all, the point of this exercise was to practice sock-knitting skills, not color-changing skills - there's always time to do it over, never time to do it right. But this time I did not do over, as I am practicing being less anal retentive about knitting mistakes.



I'll do better next time. I promise.

No comments: