Monday, July 30, 2007

Slow Going

The sweater-shawl is bogging down. That's the problem with a triangular-shaped garment - each row gets longer and longer and longer. I'm up to 205 stitches and it takes me almost 20 minutes to knit one row, purl one row. Progress is slowing to a crawl.

The striping sequence on the Magic Stripes sock is definitely repeating, so that is good news. I have discovered a "new" way of knitting, so to speak: since the widths of the stripes are variable, instead of thinking "I'll knit three more rounds," I pull out all of the next color and knit that up, then decide if I want to do another color. It's more fun that way. (Like I've said before, we knitters are easily entertained.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are easily entertained! Thanks for you comment on my blog- those fries sound good!