Monday, March 31, 2008

I Can't Knit

There is a mistake in the socks I am currently knitting, about 10 rounds back.

Kid Silk Haze is not for middle-aged eyes. Except in direct sunlight, I can't see what I am doing, much less how to correct something I should not have done.

And I tried playing around with the Sea Silk, experimenting with different patterns, but nothing seems to work.

At least this dishcloth turned out okay. The pattern is called "Chinese waves" and may be found here.



As large and open as the last one turned out, this one is small and dense.

Despite the frustrations listed above, I am itching to start on something BIG. On Saturday I saw a woman wearing a pinwheel sweater sans sleeves (which makes it a vest, I guess), and I have the yarn for one myself, but it doesn't seem very springlike. But then the weather is not very springlike, either. Maybe if I start something warm and cozy, the weather gods will shake things up a bit, just to spite me.

2 comments:

sherriknits said...

I've been where you're at many times. It's weird, isn't it! Ahhhh, go ahead and start the pinwheel, the weather is so weird this year.

Toni said...

I'm with you on the Kidsilk Haze. I'm working with it for a shawl in Victorian Lace Today, and after about 20 minutes with it, I'm ready to impale myself on one of the needles. The shawl will EVENTUALLY be quite lovely, and a true one-of-a-kind. If you're working with it, you DEFINITELY need a new project as a reward! :)

The knitting community--freinds/encouragers/enableers--it's such a fine line....