Monday, March 24, 2008

Once Again...

... I have picked up the lace top from Glamour Knits that I promised my daughter so long ago. The problem is that Rowan Kidsilk Haze. Well, that and my knitting skills. This time, instead of the body, I started on a sleeve.



This strategy has several advantages: 1) fewer stitches, 2) the sleeve is in ribbing instead of lace, which gives me a chance to reacquaint myself with the yarn, and 3) if I do the sleeves first, the whole thing is more likely to get finished.

I'm not sure what to do with what I have knitted so far on the body, which isn't much but Kidsilk Haze is nearly impossible to frog. The stitches are 'way too tight, though, so once the sleeves are done, I will restart the body once again. I think this will be the third time, so hopefully it will be the charm.

No comments: