Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Know What You Can Make Me

Have you ever heard that phrase from a loved one? My SO delivered it last week. I have already told him that sweaters are out (the boy friend sweater curse, you know), but I was a little leery just the same. Turned out all he wanted was a cover for his camera lens. At first, I pooh-poohed the idea, thinking that wool would make things quite linty. He has been using the eyeglass case I knit him, though, and that is made from bamboo, which is virtually lint-free. So I said ok.



I was afraid it was going to end up looking like a short, stout condom, but it looks more like a thumbless mitten. I used the same US2 needles and cast on the same number of stitches as I did for the eyeglass case, but the colors pooled much differently.



The stitch count is even the same. Chalk it up to my erratic knitting, I guess.

No comments: