Saturday, July 04, 2009

Note to self

If the sales clerk asks you whether you want that 100g skein of lace weight you are purchasing wound, JUST SAY YES! Last night I hand wound that sucker while watching a movie, and the movie finished before I did. Gah.

My last post mentioned going on a yarn diet, and what do I do? I purchase enough yarn for TWO shawls. The problem is I don't have enough summer weight cardigans. Also, chilly office + hot flashes = sweater wrestling all the live long day. So I got the bright idea that I should switch to shawls. Ordinarily, I don't like wearing shawls, but if I'm going to be fiddling with whatever I am wearing anyway, it might as well be something pretty. Also, I recently purchased two skirts and none of my sweaters really goes with either. So, YES, I needed more yarn!

I visited both local LYSs but they really didn't have what I envisioned. That did not stop me from making some purchases, three balls of Kidsilk Haze in indigo at one, the lace weight mentioned above at another. The latter was missing its band, but I think it is Skacel merino, in black. I'm knitting Cold Mountain from knitty, but am wondering if my eyes are getting too old for black lace. I'm up to row 10, but it's been slow slogging.

Opportunities to knit have been thwarted by home and garden, but the house is cleaner than usual and the privet has been tamed, so I'm thinking tomorrow will be a fiber day. The agenda is to block the Slouch and the FLS, and maybe, if I am feeling brave, assemble the nearly forgotten Minimalist Cardigan.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: