Saturday, October 17, 2009

Got gauge?

When I started these socks, I apparently did not pay much attention to the needle size or gauge. Socks are socks, fingering is fingering, right? WRONG! These socks turned out HUGE, and I finished with only six yards of yarn left.



Pattern: Alhambra Socks (pattern found here)
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solid, in "Island Red"
Needles: US1 DPNs
Modifications: None to speak of

The color in this photo is closer to the actual color of the yarn.



Sorry for the crummy pix, but I am so tired of these socks. A significant amount was tinked and reknit (because I can't count), and for some reason, I am so DONE with "fancy" knitting for right now. All I want to do is literally knit - either back and forth in garter or round and round in stockinette. Feeling very impatient these days.

Here is 115g of homespun, though.



That is actually enough to do something with. My urge is to knit it up right now, but I think I will wait for a while. It's not like there is nothing else to work on.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

While they may be big, they look great!