Friday, January 29, 2010

Late xmas socks

Thanks to some excruciatingly long meetings at work this week, I was able to finish my SO's xmas socks.



Pattern:  Four-stitch ribbing pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn:  ONline Supersocke 6-ply, colorway 1078
Needles:  US2 DPNs
Modifications:  Knitted on 60 stitches, which made the segue from gusset to foot kind of wonky because the pattern was for 56 or 64 stitches.


I've used this yarn before and wimped out by knitting just stockinette, but I really like it ribbed.  Besides coming in manly colors, the skeins are 150 grams, plenty for big manly feet.

And then, since I usually can't stand not to have a pair of socks on the needles, I started Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks from Favorite Socks.


I have knit several patterns from this book and like them all.  This one has the old Norwegian cast on, so that was something new and interesting already, and I like the cross ribbing.


Interesting but not too difficult.

Sensational Knitted Socks Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave

2 comments:

zoom said...

I love those socks!

Amy said...

Love the Christmas socks!