Sunday, November 07, 2010

Heartbreakingly cute

I was holding off on knitting hats for Baby N until she was born, just in case she was like my babies, who skipped the newborn size.  But N is (to my eyes) petite and lean.  And nearly hatless, so I had to whip up some headgear.


Pattern:  Heartbreakingly Cute Pilot Cap, from Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines
Yarn:  Oasis Yarn Aussi Sock, in "Faded Valentine"
Needles:  US3
Modifications:  None


I found it really difficult to get gauge using sock yarn, but decided to just go with it.  The resulting fabric is stretchy enough to fit a baby's head (as demonstrated by my new model, who not only has eyelashes but  doesn't cry when we play "dress up".)


This is the same yarn as I used on one of the BSJs, so now N has a complete ensemble in Faded Valentine.  If only the socks would stay on.

No comments: