Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Bad sock day

Since I finished xmas socks pair number two and xmas is only 54 days away, I decided I had better get going on pair number three.  But for some reason, these socks don't want to be knit.  I have lost track of how many times I have cast on, but I'm sure it is over twelve.  And it is not like I am a sock-knitting neophyte.  And it is not like I am trying to do something tricky.  These are relatively plain vanilla, at least the cuff is, but they are rebellious.  So I am just setting the yarn and needles aside for a little time out.

Meanwhile, let's look at that lovely grandchild of mine some more.

She doesn't look real, does she?

Oops, that one is a little fuzzy.

Please do not disturb

That's better.  And, oh, look, she is wearing a new hat.  I knit that for her when she was still in the hospital, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

Pattern:  Super Stretchy Hat by Lynne Beckett
Yarn:  Valley Yarns Valley Superwash DK
Needle:  US6 (I think)
Modifications:  None except to cast on a number of stitches that is divisible by four, since this is basically a 2x2 rib pattern, but I can't recall exactly how many that was

I measured Miss N the other day, or tried to.  Her head is almost the same circumference as her chest.  Good thing that will not continue into adulthood.

No comments: