Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three down, one to go

Finally finished these socks for my son for xmas.


Pattern:  Four-Stitch Ribbing Pattern by Charlene Schurch (garter rib) - 80 stitches around (I think)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Sassy Stripes, in color 765
Needles:  US1 dpns
Modifications:  none

I made a half-assed attempt to match the stripes, but casting on was flummoxing me, so once I got both socks going and discovered they were not going to match, I said, Screw it.  These socks are larger than most I knit, so used more than 100g of yarn.  No surprise there, but I was surprised when I soaked them and the blue bled out into the water.  I will have to warn my son about that, although pale blue tee shirts are not a catastrophe.

On to the final pair of socks for xmas, although I am not so delusional as to think these will be done on time:


Again, casting on was a pain, so no attempt to match stripes.  I am liking these blues, though.

No comments: