Friday, May 06, 2011

Summer slumber sack

Sorry for the long silence.  Once I recovered from my cold, I went on a business trip, and while I could have blogged using my work computer, after being on it all day, I was not so inclined in the evenings.  Before I left on the trip, though, I finished this summer slumber sack for my granddaughter.



Pattern:  My own
Yarn:  Valley Yarns Valley Superwash DK, in four colors
Needles:  US6 (for main part of body) and US5 (for the bodice) circs



What makes this a summer slumber sack is the absence of hood and sleeves and the addition of open work in the chest area.  Hopefully, this will ward off AC chill but not be overly warm.  Another good feature is it is open at the bottom, facilitating diaper changing.  I put ribbing at the bottom and below and above the diaper area, but I'm not sure it will make much difference.  Also, I trimmed the neck and armholes with applied i-cord, to prevent them from getting overly stretched out.

When I first put this on Baby N to take the above photo, she fussed and protested, but once she saw the camera, the smiles came out.  What a diva!

1 comment:

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful knitting! and super cute model!!