Saturday, August 29, 2020

Summertime blues

It happens every August: I am DONE with summer. We had a week of hot, humid weather before it finally broke along with some storms. I hope that is the last of the heat. When the temps cool, I hope I can still fit into my jeans.

Knitting: I've been trying to fix my granddaughter's blanket. She checked out what I have done so far and declared it "too fat" - in other words, the patch is bulky. I have some ideas for reducing the bulk, though.
Weaving: Work continues on the sari yarn bags. In the past, I eschewed using a temple, thinking that it was cheating. However, I am now a convert. It not only helps maintain the width of the fabric, it's a nifty design. Just watch out for the VERY sharp teeth!


The fiber arts guilds I belong to are trying to meet up again. There have been Zoom meetings for the spinning guild; I attended one but kept dropping out. Since the weaving guild wants to try Zoom meetings as well, I'll have to figure out a solution. Perhaps I should use a cable between my laptop and router instead of wifi? If anyone has any experience with Zoom and ideas for solutions for me to try, leave a comment please!

2 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Yes try plugging in your laptop directly in also try resetting the router too. Zoom knowledge learned from months of 4 kids doing school at 3 different schools. Zoom takes a lot of bandwidth so plugging in helps

Mereknits said...

Tech issues are not my thing so I hope you get some good advice. Your weaving is gorgeous. Stay safe.