Thursday, October 22, 2020

Corriedale Cross

This yarn is from some more of the roving that my fiber blogging friend sent me. The label said "Paradise Fibers Ashland Bay Corriedale Cross". I knew Paradise Fibers is the vendor (and they are still in business), but I thought maybe Ashland Bay was a sheep breed that had been crossed with Corriedale. Not so. Corriedale Cross is a cross between Merino ewes and Leicester or Lincoln rams. Or so the Paradise Fibers website says.


Fiber: Paradise Fibers Ashland Bay Corriedale Cross in ecru
Wheel: Ashford Joy 2
Technique: Nothing special
Spun: worsted, Z-twist at an 8:1 ratio
Plied: 2-ply, S-twist at an 8:1 ratio
WPI: 8-9
Yardage: 304 yards
Weight: 238 grams (8.5 oz)

I started spinning this fiber during a weaving guild zoom meeting and felt a bit flustered. Otherwise, I don't think I would have chosen the ratio I did. The twist is a bit tight, which creates a yarn with high grist. I'm not sure what I'll do with this yarn, but I can almost guarantee that it will get dyed.

No comments: