Saturday, October 03, 2020

Wool hat weather

On today's dog walk, I wore a handknit wool hat for this first time this season. Temps below 40, no wind, perfect for rosy cheeks. I'm looking forward to wearing more wool as fall moves into winter.

Knitting: I picked out some yarn for the fingerless mitts that dates back to the Vermont Yarn Crawl of 2009. It's a bit coarse (Corriedale) and feels like there is still lanolin in it. I knit up a swatch to test gauge.


Spinning: Still working on the Corriedale roving.
Weaving: The sari yarn table runner came off the loom this week. It's quite colorful. I'm still working on finishing the ends (black warp yarn - looks great against the bright colors, but a pain to finish).

This morning I was saddened to read of the passing of Cat Bordhi. She rated an obituary in the NYTimes, which is saying something of the impact she had on the knitting world. I never mastered knitting socks on circular needles, but maybe I should give it another try, in her honor.

No comments: