Saturday, October 17, 2020

Preparing to hibernate

Sometimes I feel bad about how little time I devote to fiber arts these days, but the gorgeous fall weather beckons. There is never a lack of tasks inside or out, but lately I have been out. Soon, though, the garden will be put to bed for the winter. Besides plenty of fiber and potential projects, I have a stack of jigsaw puzzles, a new Instant Pot, and a looming home improvement project to keep me occupied when it turns cold.

Knitting: I am back where I was a week ago, with completed thumb gussets on both mittens.
Spinning: I finished plying the Corriedale cross roving. Separate post to follow.

The spinning guild had another Zoom meeting, with ten in attendance. At the last meeting, I gently campaigned that we meet in-person, but Covid cases in Indiana are surging, so I don't see that happening anytime soon. We are looking for ways to continue in a meaningful way.

No comments: