Sunday, November 15, 2020

Feels like March

It is wet and wild outside today - rain with high winds - which reminded me of March, until the temperatures started to drop. I am not a fan of wind. It is a good day to stay inside, do laundry, read, knit, crochet, etc.

Crochet: Nineteen inches out of 24 are completed on the lavender baby blanket.
Knitting: The 'Past Peak' mittens are done; details here. I am about halfway through the thumb gussets of the Lithuanian Ribby Knit mittens.
Spinning: I purchased some black merino top from Dharma Trading Company only to realize upon delivery that what I ordered is not superwash. The mistake is entirely mine. I posed a question to my spinning guild about mixing superwash plies with non-superwash plies, but no one had any experience doing that. However, a source (local, no less) was recommended.
Weaving: I sent the sari yarn swatch through the washer and dryer with no mishaps. The cotton warp and weft shrunk a bit, which is what I would expect, to create a denser fabric.

I put on my big girl panties and got halfway through warping the rigid heddle for some cotton towels. I have so much 8/4 and 8/2 carpet warp that I would like to use some of it up.


I read the saddest story in the local paper today, about how some people who are donating to a local charity for xmas want to first know the voting preferences of the adult recipients or don't want to choose a child with an unusual name from the giving tree. I'm astounded and shocked and horrified by these so-called Christians who are being so petty and cruel, especially during the holiday season. I only hope the article spurs others to counteract these mean spirited gestures.

No comments: