Saturday, November 07, 2020

Zoomless

I intended to attend last week's weavers guild meeting. They have been hybrid meetings: some people show up in person and the rest of us watch from afar. However, the person in charge of the Zoom portion came down with stomach flu (not Covid) and there is no backup. The December meeting would ordinariy be a carry-in (that's Hoosier for potluck), but that ain't happening this year. I'm not sure what they are going to do instead.

Crochet: Twelve inches out of 24 are complete on the main part of the lavender baby blanket.
Knitting: I had to take a break from knitting because my shoulders were protesting. So the thumbs on the 'Past Peak' mittens still have to be fiddled with, but I have completed the cuffs for the Lithuanian mittens.
Spinning: I finished the 'Jailhouse Rocks' merino top. Hopefully, I will be able to find some black merino top for the third ply.


Weaving: No progress on the sari yarn table runner. However, I did work up a quick sample to send throught the laundry, so make sure nothing weird will happen when I wash the runner.


I confess to being relieved that the Biden/Harris ticket came out on top; that particular nightmare is over. What really appalls me, though, were the attempts at voter suppression. That is about as un-American as one can get. I am also disturbed over how divided the nation is. Maybe it is time for the United States to split up?

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Voter suppression is so alarming as is all the votes Frump actually got. I don't understand people? But for today the world can actually take a deep breath of relief.