Sunday, January 24, 2021

Found, Part II

I remember what else I lost but now have found: the ball of white Cascade 220 Superwash. It got shunted aside during a quick tidying up episode, but turned up on its own. I'm glad to know I am not completely crazy.

Knitting: I finished another 'Graham' slouchy hat; post to follow. And I started another one. Such an easy knit! I also started a Reader's Wrap, after seeing one made by Phia at Little Shop of Spinning. There is something about winter that makes me want to knit and knit and knit.
Spinning: Almost done plying the Socks that Rock yarn. So pretty!

Yes, I actually left the city limits to visit the Little Shop of Spinning in Roanoke, IN. One purpose of the trip was to return a borrowed album of photos from a natural dyeing workshop. Another reason was to deliver an old non-functional spinning wheel I had been using as decor. I decided I was done with it and posted a pic on FB in case any of my spinning friends wanted it. Phia's husband Mark is going to use it on a separate project he is working on; his only requirement was that the wheel spin, which it does. I managed to get out of the shop without any fiber but I did pick up the latest issue of Ply magazine.

Almost out the door. Say bye-bye, Beau!

Indiana is out of the red Covid-wise. I'm too young to qualify for the vaccine yet, so I got my second Shingrix shot instead. The day after the first shot, I felt a little punky. This one really knocked me on my keister the next day: low grade fever, chills, body aches, etc. I spent the day on the couch, dozing off and on, then slept 10 hours that night. I kept telling myself that my discomfort meant the serum was working.

On a brighter note, the cortisone shots in my shoulders definitely help. I hadn't realized how that constant discomfort was affecting me. And we have a new president! More discomfort relieved! We can all breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments: