Sunday, January 31, 2021

Design ideas

My SO and I sometimes walk the mall, and I noticed this sweater in one of the store windows. I looks like it is mostly garter stitch with an i-cord chain on the button band. I've never seen that before.


I also encourage you to check out the patterns on the recent Knitty release. There is one for a sweater (Halmstad) that is knit in the round, like a capelet, with steeks to separate the arms from the body. Very clever!

Knitting: Last week I forgot to mention progress on the Lithuanian mittens. The body of each mitten is complete and I have started the thumbs. I have just reached the start of the crown on another 'Graham' slouchy hat. AND I'm marching along on the Reader's Wrap.
Spinning: I finished plying the 'Jailhouse Rock' yarn; separate post to follow.

Despite mask wearing and hand sanitizing, both my SO and I managed to catch little colds this past week. My granddaughter experienced the same the week before, so it must be one more thing going around. My SO received his first Covid shot just before. He said sign up was easy, the actual experience went smoothly, and he has an appointment for his second shot in three weeks; he felt a bit punky the next day but otherwise no reaction. I know some areas are really struggling to administer the Covid vaccine, but locally they have all their ducks in a row.

1 comment:

ErinFromIowa said...

I love that i-cord detail. I might try it on a double fold hat brim! Easy to hide the attachment stitches.